Monday, December 19, 2011

Keeping The Watch

I have implemented for many years the practice
of praying before I go asleep. My prayers include
the request that I would keep watch in the spirit
even when I was sleeping.

Mark 13:37    NKJV
"And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!"

I have been blessed with decades of spiritual
battles while asleep. I often awake with the
exact attack strategies used during the night.

Luke 12:37    NKJV
"Blessed [are] those servants whom
the master, when he comes, will find
watching. Assuredly, I say to you that
he will gird himself and have them
sit down [to eat], and will come and
serve them."

Will Find = Strong's G2147 - heurisko - was
found, to meet with, find a thing sought,
hit upon; to find by inquiry or thought or
examination or scrutiny or observation or
practice or experience; to get or come to
know, discover, to acquire, get obtain,
procure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic

Watching = Strong's G1127 - gregoreo - to
watch, give strict attention to, be cautious,
to take heed, active[ly] engaged, vigiliant

The warfare we battle during the Night is
different than what goes on during the Day.
In silence we watch, view and partake in His
Divine Nature as we abide in Him during the
Night. From His Throne we can hear Him speak
forth His commands. There is no darkness that
is able to avoid Him. Nothing is hid from His
sight.

I fail apart daily, but He strengthens me
and holds me together from morning to night.
His silver cord keeps me whole and able to
function, to fulfill and delight in His Holy
Name.