Monday, November 14, 2011

Becoming His Workmanship / Being Fitted Together

I looked at the differences between 'shaken-together' as
listed in Luke 6:38 (the only verse that has this) as opposed
to Hebrews 12:26 when His Voice shall shake the visible
skies as well as the earth.

Luke 6:38    KJV
"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure,
pressed down, and shaken [G4085] together, and
running over, shall men give into your bosom. For
with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall
be measured to you again."

When I read Strong's G4085 - Piezo = to press, press together;
I am thinking about how puzzle pieces are 'fitted-to-go-together'
to form a whole picture. I don't like the word used by KJV for
'shaken' as it doesn't work for me in a positive manner.

Then, when I read Strong's G2570 + G3358 - Kalos Metron = good measure,
honourable or commendable measureable-vessel; it makes me see the vast
goodness of God to honor those who are fit for the Master's workmanship
inside their vessel/heart. This is awesome and very positive indeed!

Next, I read the verse in:
Hebrews 12:26    KJV
Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he
hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake
not the earth only, but also heaven.

This lists Strong's G4579 - Seio = shake, move, agitate, to quake
for fear, cause to tremble; it is a far cry from the ultimate place
of honor inside the measurable vessel. Rather, it is a fierce torrent
of His Voice!

Here is the contrast between the world (vs) believers. The world
will tremble yet His Followers are filled with the complete good
measure that fits us perfectly!